Saturday, November 17, 2012

I think I wanna marry you

This makes me chuckle.  I would not say that this is my current relationship diagram, lol, but I have seen it happen many times before with friends and a couple times in my own life.  

I put a relationship picture up because yesterday at work one of my patients informed me that he would like to marry me.  He supported this desire by pointing out my beauty and amazing personality and serenading me with "I've grown accustomed to your face" from the My Fair Lady musical. Granted, he was 67 years old, high as a kite on morphine, and probably doesn't remember me today, but it was nice to hear nonetheless. :-)

When he finally admitted that he was not the one for me because he was "probably old enough to be my father" (um, yeah, pushing grandfather status there too, buddy!), he said, "I pray God sends a guy your way who loves Jesus and that you guys will have the most beautiful children in the whole entire world!"  He then drifted off to a narcotic-induced sleep with a blissful smile.  Oh my.

My patients entertain me.  I have recently been trying to subliminally brainwash my patients to have a very great time in the ER (long story) and that has kept me in giggles throughout the day.  I also have a mere 3 more weeks of school, 2 more papers to write, and 1 class yet to finish.  HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LORD!  I'm pretty pumped about that if you can't tell...

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have.  For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'  So we may boldly say: 'The LORD is my helper; I will not fear.  What can man do to me?' "  Heb. 13:5-6

"Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered."  Ps. 32:1 :)

1 comment:

Nanette R. said...

Your posts make me smile. If I had to be in the ER, I would want a nurse with an attitude and heart like yours! Thanks for what you do and for how you do it with joy and grace.